Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Greater Tragedy Than Haiti

What could be more tragic than the Haitian earthquake? What if I told you that the disaster I refer to had more than fifty MILLION victims? What if I told you they were ALL children? Imagine that I told you the disaster could have been avoided all together but people chose to let it happen. Suppose that I told you that the same politicians and celebrities who are so compassionately speaking out for the victims of Haiti are actually in favor of the calamity I refer to. They actually passed laws to permit it. The disaster? Abortion. Since Roe verses Wade in 1973 there have been over 50 million babies aborted. What makes the loss of life in Haiti more grievous than the loss of these innocent children? Where are the relief efforts? Where is the compassion? Where are the telethons raising money to end the suffering? We dare question God's character and how he could allow what's happened in Haiti? I suspect God has a few questions of His own. How could we let abortion happen? There's no doubt that God's heart breaks over the human suffering in Haiti. His heart also breaks over the selfish butchery taking place in abortion mills across America and around the world - A greater tragedy than even something as horrible as what's happened in Haiti.

13 comments:

  1. I join you in mourning for all of the babies who were killed, where they should have been safe. Also for the families who didn't get to know their children. Thank you for reminding us. This is so difficult to think about, how can people be so ignorant to think this is ok? That they would pass laws that make it ok to kill inocent children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Jeff,
    How can people have so much compassion for one and not the other? My heart aches and tears flow when I look at this pic:(:(:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true and so sad. Thanks for keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture is definitely heart breaking! But then again, Haiti is politically correct news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that was stronger than coffe to wake up too. Great point. It's one of the things I admire about you Pastor Jeff, you say what needs to be said, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good Jeff sometimes we loose sight of the things in our own backyards

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you. The tragic injustice that goes on every day, every hour, every minute, thru this most horrible legalized crime of Abortion, is horrendous, & so heartbreaking. Our minds cannot phantom what we have missed out on as a Nation, without those precious Gifts of God, that have been Murdered in the most Cruel Ways possible, them being totally defenseless. What an upside down world, people fighting for animal, & mammal rights, while everyday litlle helpless babies are being slaughtered. Horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I PRAY THAT ONE DAY THIS WILL STOP IN OUR COUNTRY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes brother Jeff, Babies are the most innocent victims. They have a Right to Life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish people would wake up! I'm 34 and still have not had any kids. I adore GOD's gifts! Innocent life! I keep praying one day I will be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes it's about choice, a selfish choice. Just 9 months of a person's life, to give their baby life, and let a loving family adopt, how much of a sacrifice is that, if it means the baby can live. Over 3,000 babies a day murdered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you point out how the same celebs that are holding the telethon are the same ones that are pro-abortion.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive