Thursday, June 17, 2010

This ain't milk - go ahead and cry!

What a disaster! I am so torn over this whole situation. On the one hand I hate what this is doing environmentally. The effects it could have on our marsh, wildlife and seafood industry are staggering. I understand the argument that regulations have pushed drilling further and further offshore, but someone should have had a contingency plan for this! There are those who say the spill won't have a long lasting effect on the environment, that many are making a bigger deal out of it than it really is for the sake of their agendas. I hope they're right! 
The thing that bugs me so bad is our President placing a 6-month moratorium on drilling. Like that's going to help the situation! Talk about pouring salt into the wound! He has taken a tragedy and made it much worse. How many plane crashes have their been through the years, but they don't shut down the airline industry! The green agenda may be a noble cause, but right now the world needs crude oil and Louisiana needs jobs!
Please consider signing the petition found here:  

I think the best quote I've heard so far about this situation came from my friend Jimmy Malone. He said, "Let's put a 6-moth moratorium on the Federal Government!" I'm with you Jimmy!

7 comments:

  1. Common Sense doesn't exist in this administration. The whole situation is very unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlene QuebedeauxJune 17, 2010 at 2:48 PM

    I Agree with you Pastor Jeff! I Signed the petition and will pass on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe this disaster is being used to advance an agenda, however, I also believe that the impact on our environment and economy is, unfortunately, long term. It makes me sad too and very concerned for our country and the direction we're headed...off a cliff it seems! You're right E.J.! God help us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL WE CAN DO IS PRAY, PRAY, PRAY AND WELL - SOON AND VERY SOON WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE KING. SOON AND VERY SOON. SAVE SOULS, JESUS. IT IS JUST WHAT BIBLE SAID WOULD HAPPEN AND WE HAVE TO REMEMBER HE NEVER LEAVE OR FORSAKE US. NO MATTER WHAT HE WILL TAKE CARE OF HIS PEOPLE. HE WILL AND YES, IT IS SAD... BUT LOOK AT IT THIS WAY... JESUS IS GOING TO RAPTURE THE CHURCH ALL BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS AND THAT WILL BE A GLORIOUS DAY FOR BELIEVERS! THE AGENDA IS SO THEY CAN USHER IN THE NEW WORLD ORDER... GOT TO BREAK THE COUNTRY FIRST... BUT... GOD LOVES US JESUS WILL NOT GIVE US MORE THAN WE CAN BEAR. READING A MAGAZINE YESTERDAY AT DR.S OFFICE GREECE AND THE EUROPEAN UNION... THEN ABOUT OIL SPILLL ALLLLL PROPHECY... JESUS IS SHAKING THE WORLD. THANK GOD HE SAVED ME... BY GRACE NOT ANYTHING I DID. DON'T GET DISCOURAGED. JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Patricia that was Well Said. All we can do is pray!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive