Sunday, July 30, 2017

One Way I Know God Loves Me...


Someone said the best way to know how God feels about you is to look at who He has surrounded you with. If that's true, God must love me a lot! Because I have some really great friends. Way up at the top of the list is a guy named David Baudoin. David and I have been friends for over thirty years. Really close friends. 

Most people know that one of David's primary roles at our church the past 16 years has been Pastoral Counseling. What you may not know is that one of the people he's counseled most is me! He has been my constant confidant. I've run pretty much every major decision - personal and ministerial - by him. He has prayed with me, walked with me and been an amazing support to me. 

A couple of months ago David let me know God is leading him to step off our Lead Team at Crossroads Church to start a Christian Counseling agency here in town. Today was David's last Sunday as a member of our Pastoral team. It is truly bitter-sweet. I'm excited for him and I know he's going to excel in this new ministry assignment, but I'm going to miss having one of my very best friends right down the hall. 

I'm thankful for all the people David has helped while working along side us at Crossroads. I'm thankful for the sounding board he's been for me on so many levels, through so many decisions. Mostly, I'm thankful that God loves me enough to give me a friend like David Baudoin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive