Saturday, June 16, 2018

Incredible!



This week we hosted our 21st annual summer day camp called Camp Courageous. Over 530 kids spent the week on our grounds playing hard, making new friends and learning about God! It was our largest camp ever and it was INCREDIBLE!

That was actually the theme of the camp this year. Pixar/Disney released The Incredibles 2 this week, and our Kids Ministry team decided to make the incredible concept our theme for the week. 

Marty and Anna Hoey have been our Kids Pastors for over 25 years and they do a remarkable job. I stood and watched over 500 kids hang on every word Pastor Marty said Friday during their chapel. He and Anna truly have an amazing way with kids! 

On Wednesday the auditorium was filled with fun jumps and the parking lot was covered with water slides. As I walked around enjoying the sights and sounds of kids having the time of their life I was filled with gratitude. I love getting to offer families these kinds of experiences for their kids. That day so many children ran up to me and greeted me and thanked me for hosting the camp. I gotta admit, I felt like Walt Disney! It was really incredible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive