Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Late Show

I am very excited about our new message series for September called "The Late Show." It will be one of the most innovative series we've done. It was actually the brain-child of Eric Treuil and his wife Annabelle says his involvement is a dream come true. (LOL) Through the month of September we'll be discussing, from a Biblical worldview, those things that happen in the late hours of life. In week one we'll talk about end time events, week two will be called The Last Laugh, week three will be a message about regrets and on the last week of the series we'll talk about fruitfulness in the senior years. All of this will be presented within the context of a late night talk show, complete with a floor manager, theme music, monologue, Top Ten Lists, special guest appearances, you name it! For the first time in five years, I'll be wearing a suit and tie to church. (It took a stint as the host of a late night talk show to accomplish this?)
Now we know people come to Crossroads to have a true worship experience so we'll break away from the 'talk show' context to include a time of worship and a message from God's Word. This series will be fun, insightful, inspiring and a great opportunity to invite your friends to Crossroads Church. Get them here before it's too LATE!

19 comments:

  1. Hiya Brother Jeff, this is so awesome. Wishing I was back in Lafayette!! I sit with a 91 year old lady everyday, she is such a blessing!! Reads her Bible daily and prays all the time for everyone. She is all about Jesus and it shows. It is amazing to see someone that age still believe and count on Jesus so much. He is her all!! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the millions of reasons why I love our church! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank my JESUS everyday for such a wonderful and creative church !! I claim in the name of JESUS that scales from ALL EYES that walk through those doors be wiped away in the name of JESUS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm heading over tomorrow to cut the V/O for the opens. I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes out. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pastor Jeff I was just visiting this weekend and I came to Crossroads. The Late Show was great! I truly enjoyed the knowledge of Dr. Orphela; made me wanna enroll in Theology school right away all jokes aside! The anointing was very strong in that place! God bless you, Crossroads and your family are always in my prayers :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pastor Jeff...I loved the first edition of the Late Show series! It was awesome! You and Dr. O did a great job. And of course, the special music guest was amazing!! :o) Thanks for going for it! It was a lot of work, but it was awesome! Our church just rocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job tonight.....wish everyone I knew could see & hear for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so good, thinking about going again tomorrow, I did order a DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeff, you did a great job! So creative and relevant at the same time. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The service was great. Such an innovative way to deliver such an important message. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Job Pastor Jeff:) We are a truely BLESS church!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pastor Jeff, Terrific program! Great service!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was at the 9 service. Awesome job as always...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive