Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cousins

This weekend I got to spend some time with my cousin Greg Ables who pastors in Jenks, OK. He brought me in to speak at his church and we enjoyed catching up on old times, hanging out watching football and talking shop (ministry stuff). His wife Tina and youngest daughter Hayley were wonderful hostesses (his oldest daughter Whitley is away at college) and they have a beautiful home.
Greg's staff is a great group of guys that I felt an instant connection with. His church is made up of wonderful people and they are getting ready to plant a new church in a town a few miles away. I got really excited talking about church planting. It's something we hope to do soon at Crossroads.
Mostly, we talked about family. He shared with me how important my dad was in his life and in his father's life. (My dad was his father's oldest brother). We talked about what a joy our own families are to us and how much we hope to stay more closely connected to one another in the future.
Here's a picture of Greg and I in his office before the Sunday service. (Yes, that's a picture of General Lee hanging on the wall behind us. He's from Arkansas and no one ever let him know the South lost the war!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive