Thursday, January 20, 2011

One of Life's Little Pleasures

I haven't had that long a history with coffee. Don't get me wrong, I grew up around it. My dad drank it all the time. He drank it black. Even in the middle of the summer, out on the job when I was working with his framing crew, when the rest of us took a break for a cold Dr. Pepper, dad would pour up a hot cup of black coffee. He said it drove the heat out of him! 

For years I was just never interested. I would have a cup with dessert every once-in-a-while, but I was hardly an enthusiast! Then, about nine years ago, I hired David Baudoin. Every morning he would stop by my office and say, "Let's have a cup of coffee." Before long I was hooked. I started drinking it at home and before you knew it, my entire family was drinking it almost daily. We love the stuff! Donna recently gave it up, but Chase and I have at least a cup every morning to start our day! 

Last month Shawn Marcell introduced me to the French Press. It is a way of brewing coffee that dates back hundreds of years and it is simply the best way to enjoy coffee! There's something about the way the method leaves the oils and richness of the beans in tact that I love! It's bolder and fuller and I know I sound like a maniac but I love it! Donna bought me one for my birthday and I'm so glad to get to enjoy one of life's little pleasures. 

2 comments:

  1. We love our french press....we don't use it often enough so I think we'll have to brew some up!
    My mom grew up in New Orleans and told me they would drink hot coffee in the summertime too. It make them sweat so when the breeze blew it would cool them off. I guess that is driving out the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that Jeff. We bought Shawn that French Press for his birthday because we knew how much he would love having one. Glad he shared that experience with you and helped make you a "real" coffee drinker! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive