Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dreams still come true!

In 1989, when I was the youth pastor at Crossroads, after visiting with Lloyd Zeigler from Phoenix First Assembly of God, I returned home with a vision to start a Master's Commission program in Lafayette. I remember commenting to Pastor Mike Linney about how awesome it would be if we owned the apartments behind the church so we could house our students there. At that time it was a complete impossibility!
I'm so thrilled to announce that, after 20 years, last week we purchased those apartments! We will be moving our students in soon. Here's a picture of me and our Master's Commission Director, Shawn Marcell standing in front of the apartments. 
I'm reminded of what God told Habakkuk the prophet, "...the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay." (Habakkuk 2:3) Hold on to those dreams! They're worth waiting on, and they still come true! 

3 comments:

  1. It's about time!!! I remember talking about all the things we could do if we had those apartments!!!

    I am happy for you guys!! God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through Daphne, my husband pastors a tiny little church in a tiny little town. Masters Commision is near and dear to my heart, my sister and brother in law met while in it in WA...they now help with one in IA.

    Blessings to you in your ministry!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive