Monday, August 17, 2009

The Meaning of Love

This Saturday Donna and I celebrate 28 years of marriage! We were just kids when we made our vows, but by the grace of God we have kept those vows to one another and have grown more and more in love. It's funny, way back then we used that word so flippantly: "I love you." We had no idea then what the word really means. In 28 years, we've learned the meaning. In 28 years, Donna has taught me the meaning in the way she has stood by me, supported me, encouraged me, laughed with me, cried with me, raised two children with me, answered the call of God with me, traveled with me, dreamed with me, and the list goes on and on. I can honestly say she is my very best friend and there's no one I'd rather be around. She and I are so different and I'm so thankful that we are. I believe we complement one another and bring the best out in one another. It hasn't always been that way. We had to learn to appreciate the differences in one another. But what once created sparks has ultimately forged strength. If I had it all to do over, I wouldn't hesitate to look into the beautiful brown eyes of that young seventeen year old girl again and ask her, "Will you marry me?"

25 comments:

  1. Hey, lets see a pic of "we were just kids"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good stuff Pastor. Congrats to you both! You and Donna are very blessed to have each other in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well then Happy Anniversary 2 you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Happy Anniversary and many more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the sweetest things I've ever read! Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!! Love to both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that was soooo sweet. Happy Anniversary to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! i sure do miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you All:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember when ya'll were just kids!!!Happy Anniversary Donna and Jeff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary Pastor Jeff and Donna! May God bless you guys above and beyond your imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary, Pastor Jeff & Donna! We love you guys and thank God for your godly leadership and service. Here's to another 28!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, it's a litle late but Happy Anniversary!
    What beautiful words, by the way you two still look like your in your teens 17, 18, 19! Have a wonderful and Blessed year! I'm so proud to say you're my Pastor and Crosroads is my Church Family. I want to thank You and everyone for all the help and support (PRAYERS) that was given to Wendell and Myself during and after a a very difficult time in our lives. I miss him, but rejoice at the same time, knowing that he's with our Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive