Saturday, November 6, 2010

From the Cradle to the Grave

Today I officiated a wedding and a funeral, conducted a baby dedication and spoke at our Saturday night service where four people gave their hearts to Jesus Christ. 

I know it sounds like just another day at the office for a pastor, but I've never had all those things happen in one day's schedule before. It reminded me that ministry really places me in some of the most important moments of a person's life. What's so cool about that is - as a minister - I'm really there to represent Christ. God is the one who really matters in those important moments, and here's the great thing - He's always there isn't He? 


Whether it's parents dedicating their baby, a couple being joined in Holy Matrimony, a family celebrating the home-going of a loved one or someone committing their life to Christ, God is there making it all possible, and I get to have some small role in it. I'm so thankful that I do and I sure hope I represent Christ well. 

I have to say, it's an honor and a blessing to be there for people in those important moments of their lives - from the cradle to the grave. 

5 comments:

  1. As someone who has experienced all of these moments with you as my pastor, I appreciate you for who you are... An amazing man of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I admire you so much Pastor Jeff. You're great, amd I can't even imagine what it takes to do what you do, and have such a good balance. I know it is God's doing, but still.....I really think about what you said about being submerged as a Christian a lot. We really have to keep pushing to stay submerged like when you and Mrs Donna went scuba diving, (or snorkeling?). Yet, everything we need is just a prayer away and God is just so giving when we ask Him for what we need. It's really awesome what you wrote, and really amazing how it happened. God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, AND you found time to Blog about it. You ARE amazing. That's why we all love you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for marrying Rhonda and I and the way you lovingly handled our situation. Also, for calling me when my in Houston, Texas when my grandmother and her husband died within 24 hrs of each other before and on my 31st birthday. It all meant the world to me. Thanks for being you, and more importantly, following the voice of God to be molded into the pastor, man, husband, and father He has called you to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post as always Pastor Jeff. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive